BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Anyone seen the Black Raptor suspension on a 4th Gen

More
06 Jul 2020 14:47 #224593 by 300bhpton
As Jimnybits are in the UK and have had this kit for sale for a while. Has anyone fitted it or know of someone with it fitted to a 4th Gen Jimny?

They can't have sold no kits in all this time can they???

I'm seeing some OME kit reviews and other kits not sold in the UK online and on YouTube. But it would be nice to hear some first hand views of this kit too.

For reference:
www.jimnybits.com/jimny-18-on/suspension...ift-kit-2019-on.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2020 15:49 #224599 by Reason2doubt
Haven't seen any black raptor kits on the Gen 4's I've seen in-person or online but seen a fair few Old Man Emu lift kits used. Not aware of how they compare on quality/price.

More
08 Jul 2020 14:13 #224684 by 300bhpton
I guess that is a big fat no then :(

Surprised Jimnybits doesn't have some presence on the forum?

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jul 2020 19:57 #224698 by Grima
That's the one I would fit. Adjustable shocks & a true 50mm lift.

More
27 Jan 2021 00:17 #232240 by 300bhpton
Ok, so this kit ia out of stock. Either Jimnybits has been robbed, or people have been buying this kit.

Google returns no results of people running it though. Surely someone here must know of at least one 4th Gen running the kit?

More
27 Jan 2021 08:34 #232249 by Soeley
Their is someone, I know he is on FB groups, possibly on here as he came to the 2019 BigJimny meet, but can't remember his forum handle.

• Lasse
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 09:50 #232250 by Lasse
i'am interested in this lift kit to.. mostly because it's a true 2" .. i have seen other 2" kit with the lower front spring and i think it looks odd the car not level when seen from the side..

More
27 Jan 2021 11:06 #232251 by Roger Fairclough
Why dont' you email/phone JimnyBits and ask them?

Roger

• Lasse
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 12:43 #232252 by Lasse
I have been in contact with Jimnybits and they waiting on the crossmember bracket to be made - they said it’s back en stock in a couple of weeks..!

More
27 Jan 2021 13:18 #232253 by 300bhpton
Thanks. I have spoken to them a while back. But they couldn't or wouldn't provide any pics. I'd like to see some of the flex.

But maybe more importantly I'd like to hear how it rides and handles compared to stock, from people who have actually fitted it.

Buying suspension seems to be such a hard thing to do, as making comparisons is very difficult.

On paper the Black Raptor Premium kit ticks all the boxes, but I don't know real word, what it will do to the ride and handling.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2021 16:13 #232261 by Lambert
Isn't black raptor their own brand using components from other manufacturers? Fine if its avo or trailmaster but not so much if its pro comp?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jan 2021 17:14 #232264 by X8GGY
Yes, Black Raptor is there own-brand so that they can also sell it in other markets via other vemdors (I was looking at two Australian webstores the other day that listed them).

The springs are made for JimnyBits, so as far as I know are common across all the lifts offered, it's then the shocks that differ depending if it's a basic or a premium kit being offered...

I've used JimnyBits springs for years on Vitaras and now Jimnys, no problem with them, it's then down to your choice of shocks to suit your budget and how you want the Jimny to handle given it's usage onroad / offroad... :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds