BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Diff and boxes oil change.

More
16 May 2020 21:31 #222360 by Fossie
So the rear diff filler plug was .....stuck , but I bought a draper 10mm square gearbox key ( 8mm) the opposite end with a 17mm 3/8 socket fitted ...good tight fit and easily undid..as did the drain plug. Repeated at the front.
But the transfer box is a larger size , do we know what size it is?

Also the gearbox filler.....where is it The drain is obvious I read somewhere it is on the left just above the drain , will look again tomorrow.
Am I in the right area..?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2020 21:38 - 16 May 2020 21:45 #222361 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic Diff and boxes oil change.
I think the gearbox filler is the same size like the drain plug. 10mm if I'm right.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 May 2020 21:45 by HUN.

More
17 May 2020 08:44 #222372 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Diff and boxes oil change.
Yes, they're all the same size.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
17 May 2020 19:47 #222450 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Diff and boxes oil change.
Cheers found the little bugger, (gearbox filler ) who put it there?
However following the info that they are the same size ...logically , I used the calipers to check the size of the transfer box drain and filler , and gearbox drain ......bugger a unique size of 11. Summat mm....obviously the previous keeper adapted a tool to mash them open ( the plus side they must have been done, it had just had new transfer box mounts before I bought it!)
On the plus side the gearbox filler came undone with the 10mm diff and a ring spanner! No scaffold tubes needed.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds