BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Sport/gti engine to automatic box

More
02 Apr 2020 06:25 #220565 by Mrgreg
Hi, has anyone fitted an auto with a 1.6 sport engine.
If so has the box stood up to the extra power.
Cheers Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2020 06:40 #220566 by zukebob
Probably your best source to do some searching is on the Auszookers forum. I may be wrong but don't think anyone here has converted to the M16 with an auto.

I can only give some anecdotal feedback that came from Auszookers. The general consensus is that the autos didn't do well with the extra power of the M16. There are some direct comments about the damage seen with the M18. If you do a search without much to show for it, you can join and ask the question directly. If you do, the only warning that I would give is that you need to prepare to filter out responses that are based on a general prejudice against auto Jimnys.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Apr 2020 06:40 #220567 by Lambert
Not seen anyone that I can remember saying that they have been experiencing problems. The only problem could be heat buildup in the transmission fluid which just means adding a separate cooler to the lines to the oil cooler in the radiator.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Apr 2020 07:33 #220569 by Mrgreg
Thanks for the quick response, just joined zookers and asked the same question, see what happens now. Cheers

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds