BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen 4 Questions

• Royal
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2020 14:41 #217853 by Royal
Gen 4 Questions was created by Royal
Hi all,

i wanted to get some questions answered from the other Gen 4 owners

1. Do the doors lock automatically once in the car and driving ? i've not noticed and just wondered if they are supposed to or not.
2. has anyone had any interior trim squeaks? i've got one in the passenger door at 30 mph cruising speed which is irritating
3. has anyone had any thoughts as to where to store a full size umbrella? cut out a slot in the rear door? get a slightly shorter brolly to hide in the storage box?

any answers would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2020 15:07 #217855 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic Gen 4 Questions
Hello,

1. Do the doors lock automatically once in the car and driving ? I've not noticed and just wondered if they are supposed to or not.
A- No The doors do not lock when driving. Well mine don't anyway.

2. has anyone had any interior trim squeaks? I've got one in the passenger door at 30 mph cruising speed which is irritating
A. I haven't had any myself

3. has anyone had any thoughts as to where to store a full size umbrella? cut out a slot in the rear door? get a slightly shorter brolly to hide in the storage box?
A. I have stored a large umbrella before stretching across both rear foot wells with enough room left for a bag and some boots. I am quite short so the seats are fairly far forward.

The only issue i have had is a crackling noise from the passenger door speaker. This seems to happen when I've been camping a few nights in the car and the interior gets filled with moisture. This goes away after a few days.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2020 17:37 #217858 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Gen 4 Questions
Ooh I have one too. I haven't picked my sz4 up yet but was wondering what type of headlight bulbs are in them. They don't have LEDs so I'm tempted to replace them.

With only 2 doors I wouldn't think auto locking doors would be too much of an issue to be fair.

More
31 Jan 2020 11:14 #217891 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen 4 Questions
You can get OBD2 modules to plug in that auto lock the doors. When I had my iQ some people got them for that. Don't know if they are suitable for all cars though.

No squeaks or rattles on mine.

My rear seats are permanently folded flat with the rubber load tray cover, my brolly just lies across that.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds