BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G16B Vitara Engine

More
11 Jan 2020 21:22 #217187 by stimpy
G16B Vitara Engine was created by stimpy
Hey up folks,

I've got a G16B Vitara engine sat about waiting to go in a Sammy LWB project that is frankly probably for another day!..

My current Jimny is on a 51 plate and I believe has the G13B engine - the basic 16v unit.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the compatibility is like / what is needed?. Thinking more ECU's, injection, flywheels etc. Physically bolting it in I assume will be the standard affair...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 00:18 #217190 by stimpy
Replied by stimpy on topic G16B Vitara Engine
Having done some googling it appears that it's not too tricky of a conversion with just the potential cam issue and oil pick up, the rest looks to be reasonably the same as the old 8v vit swap to SJ.

The harder conversion in the SJ was always this 16v engine due to the wiring at the time...

Will get the Jimny back together , go play for a bit, then see if I can find a mo to swap it over....

Or maybe I'll finally get to the Sammy project....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds