BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:No start

• Vregjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2019 13:03 #216583 by Vregjimny
No start was created by Vregjimny
Good afternoon,

First time poster long time lurker. What a wealth of knowledge on the forum!

I have a 1999 V reg jimny hard top, G13BB, non crank sensor engine. Unfortunately, camshaft seized, bent etc so I decided to put in a low mileage engine as this one was upwards of 120k. Had a sub 50k bare engine delivered

Fitting all went fine, but noticed the camshaft pickups for the cam shaft sensor were different. Spoke to the breakers I got the engine from and they said it didn't matter, should work absolutely fine.

Fitted engine and plumbed everything etc. Turn the key, no start.

I have fuel pressure at the rail, 5v to cam shaft sensor and 12v to leads/coils. Removed spark plugs and checked for spark, none.

Am I right in what I have read on here that the camshaft pickup is incorrect and I need the camshaft with more pickups on? The new engine only has 2 or 3 (from memory). If this is the case, does anybody have a camshaft with multiple pickups for sale?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2019 15:03 #216584 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:No start
Are the dashboard lights showing anything?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Vregjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2019 16:50 #216588 by Vregjimny
Replied by Vregjimny on topic Re:No start
Hi,

Usual lights on dash with ignition. Is the check engine supposed to be lit with ignition, I can't remember. If so, it is lit with ignition on.

Mate is bringing Obd2 scanner tomorrow just in case it's a error code stopping spark

Cheers

Rich

More
19 Dec 2019 21:52 #216609 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:No start
I don't know the answer to your question but I can rain on your parade and tell you that your car is OBD1, not 2, so your mate's code reader is not going to help.

Just to save him a trip if that was all he was coming over for, unless he just wants to see his mate of course!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds