BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Android Auto not working on Gen4

More
09 Dec 2019 22:19 #216337 by wicho001
Hello people,

I'm having some issues with my SLDA unit not recognizing my phone (Samsung S10+)in order to use android auto.

Some times it works and when it do with a simple cable movement it stop working, I've tried with samsung original cables (3 of them) and the same, as soon as I move the cable a little bit it stop working and its almost impossible to make it work again. I even ordered " the best cable for android auto" and the same happened. I think I have some kind of short circuit going on but here is the thing, I am not the only one with this issue, a friend of mine is having the same problem. These cables still works for charging but not for AA.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Luis

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Dec 2019 05:17 #216343 by Lambert
When you say a small movement of the cable is enough to disrupt the connection is that at the phone end or the car end of the cable? If it's the car end then the supplying dealer needs to fix the car under warranty. If it's the phone end it may need a new cable port which most phone repair places can accommodate.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Dec 2019 12:10 #216357 by Soeley
Have you cleaned out the USB port on your phone?
They get full of fluff and this can stop a good connection. Use a pin or needle to have a good scrape around the port and get down to the bottom.

More
10 Dec 2019 12:49 #216359 by wicho001

Lambert wrote: When you say a small movement of the cable is enough to disrupt the connection is that at the phone end or the car end of the cable? If it's the car end then the supplying dealer needs to fix the car under warranty. If it's the phone end it may need a new cable port which most phone repair places can accommodate.

I will troubleshoot what you said but in general is more close to the phone, because of the location of the usb port the phone end tends to flex more.

More
10 Dec 2019 12:55 #216360 by wicho001

Soeley wrote: Have you cleaned out the USB port on your phone?
They get full of fluff and this can stop a good connection. Use a pin or needle to have a good scrape around the port and get down to the bottom.

It looks cristal clear. I always use wireless charger so the port condition should be good. I will follow your advice tho.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds