BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Reverse switch going where ?

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2019 11:06 #215733 by Blackout
Reverse switch going where ? was created by Blackout
Hi all, I had issues with reverse light and was quicker to wire up a manual reverse switch. Battery flat on the Jim so whilst charging I spotted that the switch connector end is just hanging loose. Cannot for the life of me see where the white connector should be mated with. Any ideas where I should start tracing back?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 Nov 2019 17:25 #215741 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Reverse switch going where ?
Is the white connector the one coming out of the gearbox or the wiring loom?

From memory there is only one cable that drops down towards the gearbox for this switch and i have circled it in red in the picture as well as the white connector you mention. Does the wire i have circled connect to anything? Im pretty sure everything transfer box related and rear abs drops through the body around the handbrake area somewhere.

If the gearbox has been swapped at some point or a new clutch then this may have been unplugged then. Also if its been converted from R72 to R7me gearbox the connector will be different. No big deal, either cut and connect the wires themselves (not polarity sensitive), or get a plug from the opposite gearbox to the one fitted and unpick the connector to make up what you need.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2019 17:42 #215743 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Reverse switch going where ?
Riccy thanks for the reply. The white connector tail is going into the “switch” in the case. I think that bit you circles is going to yet another white connector but will confirm tomorrow ! No biggie as I have manual reverse spots but thought could be a quick win. Just nothing else in that area I could see that the white part would connect too.

Quite a lot of strange stuff with this jimny. History was very shady and the locks didn’t work. Rang the guy and he said yeah they do just stiff when I got home. Got a locksmith out and 100% the locks did not match the ignition barrel lol. No idea about if gearbox been changed. Did wonder if it accidentally got unclipped as the underneath was spotless when I picked it up
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 Nov 2019 17:51 #215744 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Reverse switch going where ?
Sounds suspicious there then!

Ive found some better pics of the gearbox versions in one of my older posts about swapping the boxes. this will show you more pics of the boxes for comparison and maybe the wiring you need...

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...7me-conversion-guide

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds