BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Couple of little issues with Little Jim

More
08 Nov 2019 23:00 - 08 Nov 2019 23:48 #215490 by me101
Hi, got a couple of minor issues with the toy. Advice required if poss:

1) - the little red light that illuminates on the dash when the door is open does not go out? It constantly glows (ignition on or off) and comes on fully when door open. Interior light seems fine.

2) - when I set off, I can hear water sloshing about behind me, on the right hand side. Thought it might be fuel, but car does seem to get very misted up inside when left overnight, more so on drivers side.

Cheers, Steve

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w
Last edit: 08 Nov 2019 23:48 by me101.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 00:20 #215495 by Max Headroom
The door light might be a stuck door switch. Locate the switches and give see if any are broken.

I get that sloshing noise when I move off after its been raining. I have no water ingress (and mine is a convertible). At first I thought it was in the doors buit all the door drains are perfectly clear.
I believe its actually in the plastic sills below the doors but never been able to prove it ...yet!

If you have a problem with moisture build up in the car, then get yourself some large fabric bags of silica-gel - a few bags about half the size of a bag of sugar should do it.
They can be gently dried out for re-use in an oven on very low heat setting or even on your house radiators.
If you can find the colour changing silica-gel it will identify when it bags need to be dried out again. (usually blue crystals when dry and turn pale pink/white when saturated)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
09 Nov 2019 02:28 #215496 by me101
Cheers. Tried the door switches, they all seem fine. Interesting note on the sills, will try and investigate. Currently googling silica-gel!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Nov 2019 04:45 #215497 by Lambert
The dash light sounds earth related, might be worthwhile checking and redoing the cluster earth and the festoon lamp.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Nov 2019 13:01 - 09 Nov 2019 13:02 #215509 by Max Headroom
Steve whereabouts are you?

I get 'bandoliers' of silica gel-bags at work - we use them for storage of aircraft engines and get through loads.
Amazingly they eventually get chucked out but are good to re-use by drying out, many times.

The bandoliers are quite heavy, but for the cost of the postage I can send you some completely gratis if you want

If this is of interest to you, PM me with your address

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 13:02 by Max Headroom.

More
09 Nov 2019 21:09 #215525 by me101
Lambert - I had the same thought, will have to start messing.
Max H - thanks very much, been on to a friend of mine and looks like he has access to it also (but appreciate the offer!)
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds