BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny M13A, Thermostat removal

More
17 Oct 2019 14:19 #214859 by Kylobeetle
Hello again guys,

I want to ask for some experienced user whom have removed their thermostat before. I have the workshop manual, and according to it, I have to remove the intake manihold. But after some deep reading, I found one user here that only disassembled until the throttle body, and seems that wasnt necesary to take out the intake manihold. Can anyone else confirm this ? Since I would like to not remove the intake manihold.. I want to remove the thermostast for apply a treatment to the system and also put a new thermostat in the process, without make the process a big hassle.

Thanks in advance! ..

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Oct 2019 15:24 #214862 by Lambert
Hi. I have managed to change my thermostat without taking the inlet manifold off but it is a serious pain to get at as it requires 3 wobble extension pieces for the socket to be able to get room to swing the ratchet handle. It is possible and requires the patience of a rock but it saves disturbing the intake and then having to re gasket everything.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Oct 2019 18:40 #214878 by Max Headroom
It's a real pig of a job - I had a leak from the thermostat housing, and passed on it.
My local mechanic did the job and said it was seriously difficult - even for them with all the tools thay had at their disposal.
It's essentially a pretty stupid place to put a thermostat.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
23 Oct 2019 12:58 #215074 by ow3x3xpr3ss
Hi,the only thing that i had to remove for the extra room was the alternator (i have to do it 4 times , I'm expert now,long story). For me the most challenging part was to take off the hoses fron the termostat housing, which was difficult for the first time when I did it. If u are not far from London i can help you with the job. Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds