BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13 G16 operating temperature, electric fan conversion

• Jim Jim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2019 12:37 #214606 by Jim Jim
Hi Mates,

I have a 98 Jimny with G13BB engine.

I would like to drop in a G16BB engine soon and would like to convert it to an electric fan. Here in the hot tropics with lots of slow stop and go traffic at times, I think having an electric fan would be better. I read that there are 3 thermostats for these engines, guessing on where they were used determined the temperature value.

Has anyone done the conversion and if so what temperature rating you got the switch for? Would like to know the operating temperature of these engines.

I know many might say its not worth doing that the mechanical fan is better but for the reason above and the the fact that the clutch on mine is going too I would like to go electric.

Cheers and thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2019 14:34 #214618 by RainerK
If you do an conversion to electric, I would also add a switch inside in case you drive into deeper water. If you do this without switching the fan off you might damage it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds