BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

LEAKING 1.6 INJECTOR BLOWING BACK (FOUND PART)

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2019 14:31 #213476 by invincible
done the engine swap , and one of the 1.6 injectors is blowing fuel out of itself, from top. are there anyways of clearing it, id get a new one but thats 3 days from germany, darlo suzuki. anyone had this fault before, will the 1.6 engine run on the 1.3 injectors, worst case scenario until i can get a replacement or will it do in the ecu? need to get fixed this weekend or its another week off work, any help ideas would be v much appreciated, cheers in adavnce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 15:13 #213479 by Keithy
What colour are your injectors.

I have orange and purple here in Leeds.

Have you checked the top "O" ring is in place?

It'll run fine on the 1.3 injectors.....should manage to drink enough fuel lol

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Sep 2019 15:19 #213480 by Riccy
I had this same issue trying to fit the injectors. As Keith says, check the rubber o rings. Its tricky to get them all seated in correctly and stop the fuel leak.

Worst case it will be happy enough with the 1.3 injectors (thats whats in my M18 currently and its fine)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2019 18:22 #213486 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic LEAKING 1.6 INJECTOR BLOWING BACK NEED ONE DESP,
hey keithy, blues ones mate, just one was leaking at the top, moved its place and it still leaked, i found 4 for £80 delivered of tebay. thanks for offer mate,
so the 1.3 ones would of been ok? arrrrgghhh doh!! another £80 down!! ha ha!
cheers L

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2019 18:25 #213487 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic LEAKING 1.6 INJECTOR BLOWING BACK NEED ONE DESP,
hey riccy, thanks for rapid reply, bugger so the 1.3s would have been ok then,
i thought happen they would spit less fuel in ? did your 1.8 injectors knacker up?
L

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
14 Sep 2019 06:54 #213503 by Riccy

invincible wrote: hey riccy, thanks for rapid reply, bugger so the 1.3s would have been ok then,
i thought happen they would spit less fuel in ? did your 1.8 injectors knacker up?
L

The 1.8 ones I tried were putting too much fuel in. You could hear it evaporating in the exhaust after trying to run it and it was running badly (rough). Tried all sorts but ended up going to the 1.3 injectors and all was well. My 1.3 injectors are orange, the 1.8 were yellow and I think the 1.6 were blue, but I dont know if the colours mean anything or not.

Ive been looking into throttle body setups and better exhaust so I will keep them incase they are useful for that (if it ever happens)

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2019 08:40 - 14 Sep 2019 08:42 #213504 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic LEAKING 1.6 INJECTOR BLOWING BACK (FOUND PART)
ive got the 1.6 ones blue, coming today all 4 and rail from prestige auto salvage ltd in the midlands , a real helpful guy , posted em off in a rush at 4pm so i could get em today. out of a 2008 37k engine i,ll stick em all in, and fingers crossed.
bloke who is helping me , nickname is fingers, after badly damaging his fingers with a circular saw!! in the future i might start looking at diff throttle body too mate.
after your conversion, any recommendations on swapping fluids or bits after running it in a bit, or should all be well? cheers L
Last edit: 14 Sep 2019 08:42 by invincible. Reason: FOUND PARTS

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
14 Sep 2019 15:22 #213519 by Riccy
sounds like a result there for the parts then.

I have fitted a 2004 Liana throttle body onto the original jimny manifold in J999MNY, which is slightly larger ported, but doesn't really make a difference as its the manifold causing the restriction there. Ive also got a much bigger rav4 throttle body that I have tried to fit, but no luck sourcing an adapter plate yet.

Same goes for the exhaust. I tried a 4-2-1 manifold on J999MNY and all that did was increase engine bay temps and put up the engine code light (sensor in manifold not working in a different position).

It sort of all needs to work together, so IF (when... :laugh: ) I do it to the M18 in Ulysses I plan to take it to JDM dyno together with a boat load of cash. Plan would be to get him to make a full exhaust to go with the 4-2-1 manifold, as well as fit throttle bodies, custom snorkel and a stand-alone ECU to run it all properly. Then it will be rolling road tuned to suit, hopefully up around the 150bhp mark, but more for torque. Ive been for a chat with him but he's busy moving premises at the moment, so a job for next year. Suits me as its time for the new M18 to run in a bit.

Re fluids; just keep checking them. An oil change after a few hundred miles would probably be a good idea. Once its running and not leaking there isnt much to go wrong ;-)

More
14 Sep 2019 15:26 #213520 by Keithy

Riccy wrote: My 1.3 injectors are orange, the 1.8 were yellow and I think the 1.6 were blue, but I don't know if the colours mean anything or not.

The blue are the Sport injectors....all have different flow rates.....the 1.3 have more spray holes so probably better fuel atomisation.....with the 1.3 injectors and 25PSI boost I only saw 53% duty cycle....so could more than cope with another 300cc's NA

I'm using the sport blue injectors on the twincharger.......if they can't throw enough fuel in I'll come and steal riccys bad boys :D

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds