BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

lock right 1510 LR

• meirs03
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2019 09:50 #213429 by meirs03
lock right 1510 LR was created by meirs03
Hi all , I am new in this forum and need some advice ,
I am having problem with new installation of lock right 1510 at rear axle , I have done the installation by myself after reading the instruction and some internet video’s ,
My jimny is 1999 automatic gear box
The issue is that it is not releasing while it have to , while turning the two wheels are locked , no sound of clicking
I have used one thrust washers at the side gear ( the thin one ) ,and I have done this from the instruction : “ If the block is too tight and the long shaft will not insert, use a belt sander or grinder to carefully remove about .005-inch” ,I am not Sure if it was .005 – inch , I have just remove the amount of surface until it fits free ,

Need some advice from this point ?
Does anyone know if there is size different for the differential case from samurai to jimny or from different years of the jimny ?

Please advice
Thanks
Meir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Sep 2019 18:13 #213440 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic lock right 1510 LR
Cant help with the lockrite, but I do know that the axle casing into which the diff fits is different through the years. Its sometimes necessary to cut a grove into the axle casing for the donor diff crown wheel to fit into when changing between them.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: meirs03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds