BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

K15B -k14C

• Wokka
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2019 23:41 #212184 by Wokka
K15B -k14C was created by Wokka
Has anyone run a tape over the new gen K series motors?
I'm wondering if we are lucky enough to get 2 series in a row with an easy swappable motor.

The k14c from the turbo vitara (claimed 103kw/220nm) would be a nice little power increase over the stock k15B (75kw/138nm) or if the K14c's manifolds and associated wizardry can bolt up to the k15 block.

Failing that, as the vitara comes with both the K and M motors, a retro fit of an m18a with appropriate gearbox could also be on the cards.

I'm very happy with my jb43, especially now with the M18a heart transplant, but would be good to know what the future holds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colemanimal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2020 22:05 #230335 by colemanimal
Replied by colemanimal on topic K15B -k14C
I was thinking about this myself. The k14c is direct injected, so you must at least need the head as well as the manifolds and turbo. The k14c comes in the swift and some other cars as well. My Jimny is Mexican market in America, so I don't have many parts cars around to measure.

• 2017SwiftRS-H
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2021 16:44 #239968 by 2017SwiftRS-H
Replied by 2017SwiftRS-H on topic K15B -k14C
Not trying to necro this post but I too am seeking a similar answer. I'm wanting to know more about the differences between three engines, K12C, k14C ans and the K15B, other than the fact two are hybrids and different cc rating and the other a turbo. Has anyone got back to you @Wokka?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds