BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fuel Filter Replacement/Problem

More
01 Sep 2019 21:30 #212956 by kirkynut
I would start with the coil packs anyway as they're know to go and your description sounds like a coilpack on it's way out.

Why would you remove the tank before trying the simple usual faults. I've never heard of a Jimny having rust in its tank or fuel lines.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2019 14:38 #213260 by bryn
A tentative I think I’ve fixed it.
Replaced the coils packs and leads with a set of second hand from BB Autos Derbishire (Very helpful and Cheap) and it been run around for the last 2 days with no issues.
Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Bryn

More
09 Sep 2019 12:28 #213330 by kirkynut
Phew, and no mucking about with the fuel tank!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds