BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:06 push button 4x4not working

More
26 Jul 2019 14:15 #211493 by Johnniehec
I know you’re probably saying oh no not another one but I’ve searched and read Martin’s guide but can’t find my specific problem. 06 softtop vvt (one of the last soft tops) been sitting couple of weeks and had flat battery. Charged battery but when engine is started the green 4x4 lamp starts to flash. Press any of the three buttons 2h, 4h or 4l does nothing, no change in flashing light, no buzzer, no noises of transfer box changing. I’ve just checked and found it is in 4h but the hubs aren’t locked due to a vacuum leak. The vacuum pipes are looped where they drop down from the chassis as they wouldn’t lock at the start of winter due to a leak, I locked them mannually and unlocked them again in the spring, 4h and 4l were working fine over the winter. I’ve pulled the 4x4 fuse in the box under th steering wheel 4x4 and 4L lights come on steady. Has the controller gone out of sync? Or is there another fuse somewhere? Any suggestions? cheers
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Jul 2019 16:38 #211498 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic 06 push button 4x4not working
I would suggest shorting out the white wires at the hub solenoid thingy (under the battery). This fools the 4x4 ecu into thinking the hubs have done their thing, then allows the transfer box to do its thing.

This will work as a permanent mod because you are engaging/disengaging the hubs manually anyway.

Do that and see if the buttons work properly (with the fuse you removed back in).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
26 Jul 2019 19:44 #211513 by mlines
The flashing light is "coded", you need to look at the way it's flashing and it will tell you what's wrong. My bet would be the electronic motor sensor

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
27 Jul 2019 18:45 - 27 Jul 2019 18:46 #211549 by Johnniehec
Thanks for these options, I tried disconnecting the battery overnight, just the same, steady steady continuous on off on off on off flash. I’ve not managed to try shorting the wires at the white connector it’s a bit awkward to get at and I haven’t worked out which part of the plug is the clip that holds it together. Will try with more time tomorrow.

Last edit: 27 Jul 2019 18:46 by Johnniehec.

More
28 Jul 2019 18:32 #211602 by Johnniehec
Thanks Riccy, yes shorted the two wires at the white plug to the vacuum solenoid and all buttons working now, light going on and off as it should, it just thinks the hubs are engaged. Thanks John.

• Fraser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2020 21:45 #220112 by Fraser
Replied by Fraser on topic Re:06 push button 4x4not working
Hi, would that work for my issue too, I've got a 56 plate with push button 4wd, getting one green flash on the dash followed by a clunk, I've replaced the 4wd switch and checked the fuse. Was thinking to get manual locking hubs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

More
21 Mar 2020 10:49 #220132 by me101
Must be a Jimny virus, my 2007 is currently stuck in 4H with the green light flashing as well!!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2020 00:13 #220201 by TillymintDLG

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds