BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear spot / reverse light

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2019 20:41 #211292 by Blackout
Rear spot / reverse light was created by Blackout
No reverse lights working on my Jim, think the switch may be broke but can’t see to fix it. I do have a spare 4” spot.. I was thinking of running it through the hole where the spare wheel mount goes (I have no spare mount) just wondering if anyone else has done this and had any issues. Have seen a few foreign vids on YouTube and they have done it so definitely do able. My bolt fits the hole, just a case of running the wiring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2019 21:52 #211296 by jackonlyjack
I have after market reverse and fog on the back door also number plate
no rear bumper and a upper cluster conversion ;)

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2019 22:21 #211297 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Rear spot / reverse light
Any pics mate ?

More
More
22 Jul 2019 07:49 #211379 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Rear spot / reverse light
Your problem is more than likely to be the switch on top of the gearbox. It's a quick easy swap but you can only just see it with the two wires coming out of the plug on top of it.

You need a reversing light for the new MOT rules I'm afraid.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2019 08:31 #211381 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Rear spot / reverse light
I’ll see if I can check it again, thought the reverse lights was for vehicles 59 plate onwards. That’s a pain lol

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2019 08:58 #211384 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Rear spot / reverse light
You need to get under the car LH side near the front of the gearbox and you will see the wires going to the switch. There is a connector in the line to which you could disconnect to check the feed to it and if ok then the switch will be the fault. Fiddly but doable as I had to do it when we first got the daughters car. I am 70 and arthritic but I managed it lying on my back. Much easier with a ramp though!

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds