BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear shock relocators, but what about the front?

More
14 Jul 2019 16:49 #211045 by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationRear shock relocators, but what about the front? was created by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi all,

Considering getting a pair of the rear shock re-locators ()

I understand their intended use for the rear of the jimny (stop spring rubbing, +1 inch, less stress on shock etc...) but this has left me wondering about the front of the car. If this lifts the vehicle another 1 inch, am I to do the same to the front of the car? I.e. find some front relocator brackets or something?

Or, maybe I am misunderstanding how they work, in that they give you 1 extra inch of travel, but that doesn't necessarily lift the car 1 inch as the springs are the same, so ride height is not affected, you just get a little bit more give when it flexes?

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated!

Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 10:07 #211089 by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Reason2doubt on topic Rear shock relocators, but what about the front?
Nevermind - think I've got my answer!

More
17 Jul 2019 14:23 #211190 by kirkynut
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by kirkynut on topic Rear shock relocators, but what about the front?
These extend your shocks by approximately 1.5". So depending on what springs you have, you risk your springs falling out at full droop. You also risk over extending your brake pipes.

They don't lift the car as you say. Only longer springs can do that.

So get springs to suit the overall length of the shocks with these fitted and do associated mods, such as extended brake lines.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
17 Jul 2019 17:36 #211202 by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Reason2doubt on topic Rear shock relocators, but what about the front?
Excellent - good to know for clarification :)

I have a 2 inch lift already (spring/shocks) and there definitely seems to be another 1.5 inches in the springs. Brake lines are extended and still have decent amount left in them on full articulation. I will give it a quick test when I install them to make sure :)

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds