BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Auto Transmision Problems

• Jon Gilkes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2019 17:20 #211131 by Jon Gilkes
Replied by Jon Gilkes on topic Auto Transmision Problems
perhaps it was covered in grime but i swore i looked on every flat surface and saw no part number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2019 17:22 #211132 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Auto Transmision Problems
All of the workshop manuals have the auto box in them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Jon Gilkes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2019 17:43 - 16 Jul 2019 17:44 #211133 by Jon Gilkes
Replied by Jon Gilkes on topic Re:Auto Transmision Problems
I can select my model and then click automatic transmission but it still is not giving me the transmission code, i think its an A174 but i cannot find anything to verify that. Please excuse my ignorance though as I am new to this.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2019 17:44 by Jon Gilkes.

More
16 Jul 2019 21:28 #211147 by Delux
Replied by Delux on topic Re:Auto Transmision Problems
At home I only have manuals for 1998 and 2002 model years and they both refer to the A174 transmission. Chances are this is the gearbox your Jimny has.
The number on the side of the gearbox is more of a serial number but it will allow your parts supplier to identify the approximate date of manufacture. This might be important if certain parts were changed and there are several part numbers for the same part.
If you are prepared to strip the transmission it may be a better idea to find the number after you have removed it. Pretty sure the number is stamped on so after 16 years clinging to the bottom of a Suzuki Jimny there is likely to be a bit of corrosion!
Stripping and rebuilding an auto transmission isnt a quick job so your supplier should be able to source the parts long before you need them.

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Gilkes

• Jon Gilkes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 12:06 #211184 by Jon Gilkes
Replied by Jon Gilkes on topic Re:Auto Transmision Problems
from my research i found that 2000 - 2004 models use the A174 and it changed after that, mine is either a 2003 or 2004 model. so i assume its the A174 as well. with regards to the rebuilding i am ordering a rebuild master kit from cobra transmission which should include all clutch bands, seals, gaskets etc. my rebuilder has said this is the best option as parts are simply unavailable where i live, so i've been trying to get the right transmission code so i make sure i order the right rebuild kit.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds