BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Convert 1-button Key FOB to 2-button. Possible?

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 17:01 #206083 by Talkstar
Have someone here successfully converted a Jimny 1-button remote control key FOB to a newer & nicer looking 2-button control?
I have a type 6, 2006 Jimny Sierra, with the standard 1-button control. Is it possible to buy the appropriate blank transmitter, for a 2-button key FOB, and mate it to my car?
I haven't checked if the central locking computers are the same 1-b vs 2-b yet. I just wanted to ask if someone have had the same idea as me. My friend has a type 9, 2013 model Jimny JLX and that one uses the newer 2-button remote as standard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 17:43 - 14 Apr 2019 17:44 #206090 by Talkstar
I will answer myself after a bit of snooping.
The keyless computer isn't the same. And it seems cars equipped with immobilizer uses the 2-button and those without uses 1-button remotes.
If I ever find a used jimny 2-b key I will test my theories. But chances are slim both operates on same frequency.
1-b seem to use 314mhz and 2-button 434mhz.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2019 17:44 by Talkstar. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds