BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Temporary/timed warning lights on dashboard

• Keirravn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Apr 2019 22:19 #205506 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Temporary/timed warning lights on dashboard

yakuza wrote: I measured the signals on the connectors into the cluster to find they were all there and correct before buying a new one..
It is all there in the FSM, but the wiring inside the cluster is more difficult to find.

What's an FSM?

I may get the meter out and see what I can find but it feels like maybe a lot of effort Vs the cost of a replacement cluster. Unless replacing it doesn't cure it of course

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Apr 2019 04:20 #205509 by Lambert
Factory service manual. There are various sources on the internet but copyright precludes me from openly linking one.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keirravn

More
04 Apr 2019 11:43 #205531 by yakuza
www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Workshop_manuals

Here is a list of them and some part numbers..

And then there is google.

And then there is different more or less illegal sites that might or might not be infested with virus.. Not recommended!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keirravn

• Keirravn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2019 17:55 #205576 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Re:Temporary/timed warning lights on dashboard
Brilliant guys cheers for that :)

I'll investigate further once it's home

• Keirravn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Aug 2019 18:43 #211785 by Keirravn
So I replaced the instrument panel but still have no oil warning or EML :(

I’ve perused as many manual files as I can find but haven’t been able to find any details of wire colours going to the instrument panel.

My thinking is to maybe just wire up a new oil warning light on the dash somewhere and live without the EML

• Rob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2020 00:33 #221402 by Rob
I have exactly the same problem. How did you resolve it?

• Keirravn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2020 08:23 #221411 by Keirravn
I haven't yet. I bought a new oil light which I'm going to wire directly to the switch at some point soon.

Because my car previously suffered a rat or mouse infestation There's a good chance there was a part chewed wire further behind the dash than I can easily see. I don't know if the oil light comes via the ECU or what so tracking it down vs wiring a new LED seems an easy choice in my case.

I would guess you've checked the bulbs? They're easy to get to. Checking the bulbs then testing the switch was my starting place. Because it's neither of these on mine it's more complicated - annoyingly

More
23 Apr 2020 10:55 #221416 by yakuza
My cluster was broken from disconnecting a Bluetooth adapter from the diagnose connector while the car was running. Stupid of course.

My brake warning light was on constantly and some of the others may have been out dunno. Changing the cluster helped.

But I was able to find the wires in the FSM and measure the signals going into the cluster. I could switch the ignition on without the cluster connected to measure at the connectors.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds