BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front Fog Lights and Warning

• thysja
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2019 13:20 #203821 by thysja
Front Fog Lights and Warning was created by thysja
Hello,

I am new here from the Netherlands. Excuse me for my Google Translate English, but I hope someone can help me.

Last week, I was driving in my 2001 Jimny Cabrio until he suddenly stopped. I was towed to the garage. He was short-circuiting with the mass. The coilmeter fuse always popped out.

The mechanic solved this, but since then my fog lights have stopped working. Also, the warning sound of the low beam/citylights isn't working anymore when you open te door.

The fuses under the steering wheel and next to my battery are OK.

Can someone tell me where I have to start searching for the reason of this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings from the Netherlands
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thysja
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2019 16:37 #215395 by thysja
Replied by thysja on topic Front Fog Lights and Warning
No one?

More
05 Nov 2019 22:48 #215401 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Front Fog Lights and Warning
It's got to be an earth wire disconnected or broken.....probably sorted by know so would be interested to find out.

More
06 Nov 2019 08:25 #215408 by RainerK
Maybe both problems are not really related.

After checking fuses etc. I would try to follow the electricity. Check if there is current and mass and the resistance of mass to the battery. Maybe start with the fog light and follow the cable.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds