BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Manual to Automatic conversion

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2019 16:36 #203591 by ChrisW
Manual to Automatic conversion was created by ChrisW
When I bought my Jimny I wanted an Auto, but to help my misses learn to drive a manual for her test I got a manual.
Now I want to convert it from manual to auto.

The gears are not nice and smooth anymore, which if this is a gear box issue or a clutch issue is going to be just as much of a pain to do as it would be to change the gearbox for an auto.

So my question really is what is needed for the swap, its a 53 reg if that makes any difference. Whats the method used for cooling the gearbox on the Jimny?

If anyone has a gearbox (newer than 53 and less than 80k miles) they want to part with please let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2019 22:16 #203626 by yakuza
the auto box, and transfer box, maybe drive shafts and diffs?
engine ecu and wire loom and or plugs to hook it up.
Instrument cluster, interior details....

Better to sell your manual and buy an auto :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds