BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Oh no! I found rust!

More
05 Sep 2018 16:07 - 05 Sep 2018 16:08 #195710 by Henrikh
Oh no! I found rust! was created by Henrikh
Hello, first time poster here, been reading in this forum for 6+ months. Great forum!

I have a 04 Jimny that I bought in April. After 230000km on heavily salted Norwegian roads I suspected some rust, but what I found behind the headlights and on the backside of the lights looking from inside the wheel arch was way worse than I expected..
I think it is too late to weld in bits, so I am looking for a place to buy part nr 1 in the diagram. Any ideas of where to obtain this part?

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Sep 2018 16:08 by Henrikh. Reason: Spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2018 17:01 #195711 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:Oh no! I found rust!
I think Martin (BigJimny) can get it? Saw another guy changing this part on the forum the other day

More
05 Sep 2018 17:03 #195712 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Oh no! I found rust!
Ask Martin who owns this forum and big jimny shop they are available in the UK but are quite costly

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2018 17:03 - 05 Sep 2018 18:02 #195713 by MadsV
Last edit: 05 Sep 2018 18:02 by MadsV.

More
05 Sep 2018 17:03 #195714 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Oh no! I found rust!
Standard part from Suzuki

I can get them in the UK for £275 but you would have to allow for postage/import to Norway

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henrikh

• NicBe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2018 16:11 #195743 by NicBe
Replied by NicBe on topic Re:Oh no! I found rust!
Twas me that repaired the front panel, I had a choice of either fabricating my own mount or replacing the whole panel, as time for me is an issue I went for the whole panel. Took me 3 hours to remove wings, headlights, bumper and drill out spot welds, didn't bother using a spot weld remover as an 8mm drill bit straight through does the trick. You can mig spot welds through the holes to the new panel with no issues. Took an hour to get it on, this is the way I would go again if ever faced with the same issue. Also gave the whole panel a good treating with antitrust treatment and topcoat prior to fitting.

More
07 Sep 2018 14:28 #195766 by Henrikh
Replied by Henrikh on topic Re:Oh no! I found rust!
Thank you all for the help and NicBe thank you for a good how-to!

Martin has ordered a new part for me and it looks like my Jim will be nice and rust free again :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds