BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Vehicle engages 4WD by itself

• Davidsalk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2018 17:12 #194241 by Davidsalk
Vehicle engages 4WD by itself was created by Davidsalk
Hi, this is a 2006 Jimny with push button 4WD controls. We only use 4WD in the winter. Recently when I was driving on the A1 there were suddenly some terrible howling - throbbing sounds from the transmission - no lights on the dashboard. I pulled over into a layby ASAP but was ar a loss to comprenhend what was happening. Out of desparation I engaged 4WD then back to 2WD and the car was fine for the rest of the journey. This has happened periodically since. Yesterday I jacked up the front of the car and nearside wheel was locked, offside was freewheeling. Today I pulled the nearside freewheel hub expecting to find clues but it looked factory new and the slider was working properly. Any ideas what's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Jul 2018 17:20 #194243 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Vehicle engages 4WD by itself
Have a look here in the wiki for info about the system...

bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=4...-_emergency_measures

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds