BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to Plug Vacuum Pipes

More
05 Apr 2018 19:55 #191353 by kirkynut
Have a look at the relevant part of this thread I wrote:

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...ed-hubs?limitstart=0

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2018 13:05 #193435 by furo
Replied by furo on topic How to Plug Vacuum Pipes
Thank you everyone for your advice on this topic, I finally got round to blocking the vacuum pipes today. Just to note I have a 2004 Mode with a manual transfer case and AVM hubs. I have never actually had an issue with the 4WD light flashing - prior to blocking the lines the 4WD light would always come on if I put the transfer box in 4WD with the hubs in 2WD. However, if the hubs were in 4WD the light wouldn't always come on and it seemed like 4WD wasn't engaging. This happened a few times during the "Beast from the East" and there was a definite change in the driving when the light was on vs off.

Anyway I blocked the pipes today and planned to short the switch, but when I looked at the switch it looked different to the one in Helijohn's helpful thread. I remembered florinelu's comment about there being a different type of switch, as mine has never flashed. Anyway, I blocked the pipes by cutting them and inserting bolts and then tested it and it seems to work perfectly. When I engaged 4WD the light came on immediately and I tested it by lifting the wheel and tried to spin it.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds