BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

JDM early 1990s rear seat belts?? sort of technical

• JimnyZombie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2018 20:44 - 09 Mar 2018 20:45 #190190 by JimnyZombie
Hello,

I have seen a handful of early 1990s JDM Jimnys available in the US. Most, if not all, do not appear to have rear safety belts.

Are all early 1990s JDM Jimnys equipped with rear safety belt mounting points? If so, would they just be for lap belts, or would they be for shoulder belts as well?

If anchor points exist, would factory style belts be available?

Thanks,
Last edit: 09 Mar 2018 20:45 by JimnyZombie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Mar 2018 05:19 #190209 by Lambert
In the UK as I remember it back in the early 90s there was a compunction in law for rear belts but not necessarily full 3 points especially in what was even then an older design. How that translates outside of Europe is another question.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Mar 2018 07:09 #190296 by helijohn
My Junior is a JDM and they were never ever directly sold as such in other countries. Admittedly they were made and sold in the mid 1990s but they have full seat belts in the rear if that is anything to go by.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
12 Mar 2018 09:45 #190304 by yakuza
Not sure what a JDM jimny is, but if you mean the japanese version of the Samurai then there is plastic plugs covering the inset nuts in the floor in the rear for 2-point lap belts for cab and 3-point for roofed models. Two in the middle, and one in each side. Only the highroof and tintop models also have the insets in the C-pillar at shoulder height for 3-point seat belts. European models (made in japan) from 1984 to 1992 where type approved in all of europe with this seat belt configuration. I had a copy of these papers but unfortunately lost them.

Some models may not have these insets but as they came from the same japanese production line i would think they do.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
12 Mar 2018 11:27 #190309 by helijohn

yakuza wrote: Not sure what a JDM jimny is,.

JDM - Japanese Domestic Market. These vehicles are usually only subject to Japanese build requirements and are not intended particularly/necessarily to be exported. My Junior is a classic case and they developed it into the Io (Pinin) for exports.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

• JimnyZombie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2018 17:18 #190322 by JimnyZombie
Replied by JimnyZombie on topic JDM early 1990s rear seat belts?? sort of technical
Thanks all!

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds