BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clutch

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2018 15:49 #190166 by Daniel30
Clutch was created by Daniel30
Ordered a clutch today from Europarts and will be the last time I deal with then, ordered an Exedy one and the one pictured arrived same day delivery, same code number but I think it's a lucas clutch, are these any good, tried to call for the last hour on there customer service number but no answer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2018 17:27 #190169 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:RE: Clutch

Daniel30 wrote: Ordered a clutch today from Europarts and will be the last time I deal with then, ordered an Exedy one and the one pictured arrived same day delivery, same code number but I think it's a lucas clutch, are these any good, tried to call for the last hour on there customer service number but no answer.

It's made by Schaeffler, not Lucas or exedy. Common eurocrapparts technique, supplying equivalents or rubbish. I was in my local garage when eurocarparts delivered an injection harness for an Astra. On opening the box it was an oil covered old used part.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
09 Mar 2018 17:30 #190170 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Clutch
This is what you want, what you really really want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
09 Mar 2018 17:57 #190174 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Clutch
I fiited an LUK clutch in my Scimitar GTE a good few years back, the make was suggested by a friend that owned his own garage at the time.
Was not aware at the time that it was poor quality, it worked fine for many years, have things changed for this make......?.
I know many items today once known as "good brands" are now made in China/India and are no longer the same quality, sad days.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2018 17:59 #190175 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:Clutch
yep never again
does anyone know if you can return to a local store if you have ordered over the internet????

Martin I have PM'd you

thanks

More
09 Mar 2018 18:06 #190176 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Clutch

Scimike wrote: I fiited an LUK clutch in my Scimitar GTE a good few years back, the make was suggested by a friend that owned his own garage at the time.
Was not aware at the time that it was poor quality, it worked fine for many years, have things changed for this make......?.
I know many items today once known as "good brands" are now made in China/India and are no longer the same quality, sad days.

I do not know whether they are good or bad. I just know that Jimny owners prefer Exedy

Martin

Martin

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Mar 2018 05:08 #190207 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Clutch
If you specified one thing and they supplied another without consulting you then that's on them. If you just ordered a clutch for a Jimny then they're in the clear. False advertising and all that.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Mar 2018 17:36 #190234 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Clutch
Have to agreed even if LUK are good its not what you ordered, send it back at their cost, not your fault.
Also as I am new to Jimny's I would go with the groups recommendations (Exedy), the LUK I fitted was many years ago.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2018 17:59 #190235 by Daniel30
Specifically ordered an Exedy one.

An hour and 17 minutes on the Internet chat help thing que, to be told I need to take it back to the local shop and they issued a refund code for me to show in store

The moral of this for me is no matter why I need for my jimny I will be contacting Martin first.

Now have an Exedy one coming from Martin even cheaper than Euro car parts Inc delivery ;)

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2018 18:30 #190238 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re:Clutch
Seems much of this clutch talk is base on not knowing what it's all about.
LUK clutches are a good quality brand at least of OEM quality. So nothing cheap china stuff about it.

I'm running a standard LUK clutch (for 1.3) in my 1.6 Jimny. Works flawlessly, also when we attended the weeklong WBVC in Croatia. Same for my buddy in his 1.6 Jimny, that has now seen the WBVC 2 years in a row, on the same clutch.

I'm guessing many Jimny owners wants Exedy clutches because it smells a bit of racecar. But it's just overpriced overkill.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2018 20:06 - 10 Mar 2018 20:11 #190245 by Daniel30
No one said it was cheap China stuff....

I'm fully aware my jimny is not a race car..

And I don't think the Exedy was overpriced..

And your right I don't know anything thats why I joined the forum...
Last edit: 10 Mar 2018 20:11 by Daniel30.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2018 21:06 #190247 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re:Clutch
It wasn't a comment directed at you :) More of a general observation :)

Of course if you've paid for an Exedy clutch that's what you should have.
Just checked prices, thought they were more expensive.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds