BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4WD not engaging, indicator light illuminating.

More
18 Jan 2018 19:19 #188539 by bryn
I think I’ve sorted it although I shall test it properly tomorrow. Here’s what I did.

1, I cleaned out the vacuum hubs as they were over greased, resealed them and blew air through them via the vacuum pipes making sure there were no blockages.
2, Managed to get out the vacuum valves unit (VSV1/2). Much easier said than done. A bit like wall papering your hall way through the letter box. Each valve has an air filter both of which were dirty.
I sprayed WD40 into the valves (Thanks florinelu07 ).

As said I won’t be totally sure until tomorrow but if I were to guess which tip sorted it then I would say the WD40 in the valves but having said that the hubs did have a lot of grease in them.
Thanks to all who made suggestions in particular 11/60 who offered to come around and help (if you need a hand the please let me know, happy to assist).

Until my next problem.
bryn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds