BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Modulars, 0 vs -30

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2017 18:08 #183291 by MadsV
Modulars, 0 vs -30 was created by MadsV
Anyone have photos or can tell me how much difference there is on modular steel wheels from jimnybits with offset -30 and 0?
Just wondering if it would be to much sticking out with -30, dont want to get pulled over every day! Plan to run 215-75-15 btw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2017 18:49 #183292 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Modulars, 0 vs -30
-30 will be fine for road use but may catch the arches off road unless you have a lift on the jimny. :)

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2017 07:48 #183315 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Modulars, 0 vs -30
Out of curiosity, how much do the wider and lower offset wheels actually effect stability, on and off road? I know it is a common mod but just wondering if the difference is 'night & day' noticeable. Haven't actually bought a Jim yet but have driven my friends stock example and my biggest worry with them is that I will, at some point, try to scandi flick it around a roundabout and tip it over! :side: I know his stock car feels wobbly compared to my old Shogun, although I can imagine widening the track by ~5cm would help somewhat.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2017 10:16 #183322 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:Modulars, 0 vs -30
Wouldnt worry about flipping around, i've driven these cars pretty hard and never even lifted a wheel. For me it's not so much for effect, but for looks.
I found a photo, with a lift you don't see it so well so I go for the -30! :)

• ant0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2017 11:25 - 10 Aug 2017 11:27 #183323 by ant0
Replied by ant0 on topic Re:Modulars, 0 vs -30
And a photo reminder of what to expect with 30 offset and muddy farm tracks...
Not "off roading" to play either, just from my regular farm tracks route to a fishing hill loch.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2017 11:27 by ant0.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds