BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

high idle. pcv or aic valves.

• Decklandpt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2017 14:51 #181255 by Decklandpt
high idle. pcv or aic valves. was created by Decklandpt
Hi there.

Yesterday i got to my car after almost a week without using it and when i turned on the engine, the start up was really week.
The rpms where at about 800, and it fluctuated a bit, but not much, and even so, the engine sounded really week, as if ti wasnt getting enough fuel.
I waited a bit, gave it some throttle...under throttle, it souded ok, but would still come back down to the week sounding idle, after i let off the gas.
Then, the idle started to climb and and eventually started juming between 1500rpm and 2000rpm.
It then stabilized at 2000rpm.
Gave it some gas.. no change, would still come back to 2000rpm.
Took it for a spin.. while idling and moving (neutral and no gas) it will jump between 1500 and 2000, and as soon as i stop the car, it settles back to 2000rpm.
Still, it drives perfectly normal otherwise.

Googled it, and and found some results mentioning the pcv and iac valves malfunctioning.
Took a look at the pcv valve (the one on the back of the valve cover, m13a btw) and it's dirty with oil, like a leak.
The pipe that comes out of it goes to the throttle body, i think to the iac valve.
my guess is that, being oily and dirty, it might have clogged, not a vacum leak. If it's clooged, i'm guessing it might mess with the iac...

Any suggestions?

Does anyone know where i can get hold of a pcv and aic valves, that ship to portugal?
And do you know if i can get a iac valve without buying the whole throttle body?
I can´t seem to find them for sale, only one in aliexpress, wich doesnt inspire much confidence..
Tried suzystore, but no international shipping options that i can see.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2017 21:31 #181260 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic high idle. pcv or aic valves.
You can clean both parts easily with carb cleaner.

• MaximNovikov
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2017 08:36 - 18 May 2017 08:48 #181313 by MaximNovikov
Replied by MaximNovikov on topic high idle. pcv or aic valves.
Hello Decklandpt

As your condition reminds me one of my own which i recently solved i would seggest to remove the throttle completly and then on the throttle body you will see the "IAC" (idle air control) it may be stuck and not able to move and controll the idle air for the engine, I have replaced the IAC with a new one i purchased online and it solved the issue.
Very cheap part by the way.

As for the PVC you can easly remove it and check it by blowing in and out inside, it should let air flow only one way, If it does that means the pcv is good if not replace it.

Here is a link to the same part (IAC) which i used and it fits perfecly, But first of all check the PCV Valve.

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/IDLE-AI....12010612.0.0.PFpi6J
Last edit: 18 May 2017 08:48 by MaximNovikov.

• Decklandpt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2017 12:47 #181635 by Decklandpt
Replied by Decklandpt on topic high idle. pcv or aic valves.
thank you guys.
so, i took off the pcv valve, wich was dirty, and gave it a nice clean. All is fine now. Was a bit iffy at first, on idle it would come down to under 400rpm and fluctuate a bit around there, took a small drive on the highway and it's fine now.
Still, i have the feeling it might happen again, and that it would be a good idea to check the iac as well, so i might as well order that part anyway.

Again, thank you guys

More
05 Mar 2024 19:30 #254840 by greenmachine
did you get this sorted in the end? mine has an idle of 2000rpm too.
where are these valves you spoke of mate?

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds