BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight Wipers?

• roscoepcoltrane
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2017 12:51 #179025 by roscoepcoltrane
Headlight Wipers? was created by roscoepcoltrane
Any idea if it's possible to fit headlight wipers to a Jimny?

I've got a few concerns...

- Where would i mount them? On all the old Volvo's and BMW's it seems there's still a section of flush bumper under the headlight you can mount it flat to, whereas on a Jimny the bumper sits/stick straight out from under the headlights
- Could I get a switch going straight to my dash rather than connecting to my current wiper switch? I thought about connecting them to the same switch as the rear wipers but I'd prefer not to f*ck up my wiring/fuse box - And as good as it sounds connecting them to the front wiper arm/switch, with it's variable speed it seems a lot of stress to put on such a small component.
- Does anybody else think these look cool? Or just me? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2017 15:34 #179032 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Headlight Wipers?
I've never seen wipers on plastic headlights......could make a fun pattern no?

More
11 Mar 2017 13:32 #179066 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Headlight Wipers?
With plastic lights you normally just have washers.

I used to have a kit knocking about somewhere, two large nozzles and big pipes for the bumper, a bladder for the water, a high volume pump and a timer relay.
Every time they activated the pump squirted 150ml of water out of each jet in a great fan that blasts the dirt off. As the bladder only held about half a gallon, that gives you around 5 squirts to empty, which is why the kit was knocking around for ages......

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: roscoepcoltrane

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds