BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Window Deflectors - Do Pre/post 2005 models have different size/shape doors ?!

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2017 10:20 #176654 by ant0
Looking for some nice wind/rain deflectors and have found nice onces on a site but they are only listed as fitting up to 2005 models and they have a different deflector (not as nice) listed for the post 2005 model.

Did the doors/window opening change shape??
Or are the doors in fact the same and so the pre 2005 will fit say a 2010 ???

Cheers
Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2017 10:29 #176655 by Daniel30
i don't know about the different door shapes but what i do know is when i bought an aftermarket set the lip that goes into the rubber was quite thick and my window had trouble closing. i ended up getting another set of Suzuki ones.

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2017 10:43 - 12 Jan 2017 10:44 #176656 by ant0
Thanks.

Having had both internal fitting and external (stick on) fitting ones on other cars I much prefer the external stick on ones as they don't mess about with window operation and I just prefer the look. The ones listed as pre 2005 are the external fitting ones I want and the post 2005 ones the internals I don't want. So looking to check if the pre 2005 ones will fit before I splash the cash

But if all else fails I'll settle for the internal fitting ones and get an official suzuki pair.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2017 10:44 by ant0.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2017 16:55 #176668 by 1066Boy
Kate has got a 02 soft top and mine is 2005 VVt, both have the same windows if that helps.
Fitted a set of team heko ones (in channel) on hers without problem.

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2017 20:43 #176703 by ant0

• Decklandpt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2017 13:39 #176915 by Decklandpt
i had 2 different sets on both my jimnys, both from the dealer

the first set, i got for my 2005 ddis jimny.
had a strip od adhesive on the outer side of the pplastic lip that goes in the frame. fited just perfect.

then , i got a new set for my 2001 non vvt jimny, and they suck.
also from the dealer, the dealer told me they where the first model available.
they came with a bunch of small metal spacers, that you insert inside the window frame, so that it clears up space so the window motor doesn't overwork itself.
this was the first problem. for some reason, the frame was so narrow (much narrower than in my previous jimny), that the spacers wouldnt fit. wouldn't work without them either,
so, ha had to get a screwdriver and forced the frame a bit so there would be enough space. took me a while to get it, because i had to figure out where to widden it for each of the spacers. took a lot of trial and error. by the time i finished, i was left with little bits missing from the ends of the wind deflectors....never again.
might try and souce some of the first ones i had, but for now it works. what amazed me was how narrow the frame was...not sure if susuki changed it over the years

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds