BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

really loud vibration with slight judder

More
08 Jul 2017 13:45 #182546 by helijohn

mlines wrote: If you do not pay and your account is popular (views above a certain limit) you are cut off.

I understand it has hit every level of use.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kelky7777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kelky7777
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2017 04:17 #183736 by kelky7777
Replied by kelky7777 on topic really loud vibration with slight judder
Ok, update time. The Jimny developed a new fault, it felt like the engine was bouncing up and down when pulling away in first, not every time, particularly if the car already had slight forward motion. This was cured by burning the clutch but the fault started coming back a few days ago, burning the clutch again sorted it, so I'm guessing something is leaking onto the clutch or flywheel.

The 4x4 system is now working, I read somewhere on the board that changing to reverse and back to first could help. I did this a few times and suddenly felt the drive engage, seems to be working ok now.

Sprung a leak on the rear axle, it seems to be oozing from the weld on the axle to the left of the hub looking from the back., might try a 'stopleak' product, if that doesn't work I'm hoping it can be welded.

I acquired a half leather interior from a 2006 jimny but I noticed the back seat is a bench type whereas mine is 2 separate rear seats so wondering if they will fit onto my 2002 Jimny ?

More
29 Aug 2017 10:39 - 29 Aug 2017 10:40 #183747 by yakuza

kelky7777 wrote: I acquired a half leather interior from a 2006 jimny but I noticed the back seat is a bench type whereas mine is 2 separate rear seats so wondering if they will fit onto my 2002 Jimny ?

I have done this but the other way around. changing from 2005 to 2004 (norway) model seats to get the split type. I did not like the bench type as the folded down seats does not come down to a flat surface. Found it very annoying and was happy get rid of them..

If you have all the hardware it should fit. Some brackets needed in the front seat bottom corners to slide the seat bottom latches into. You may also check if you have the four bolt holes in front corners of the floor. Backsides will fit in same positions as the other seats..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2017 10:40 by yakuza.

• kelky7777
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2017 14:13 #183754 by kelky7777
Replied by kelky7777 on topic really loud vibration with slight judder
Hi yakuza. Everything fit ok, there where hooks for the reaqr of the back seats but nothing holding the front in place, I'll be on the lookout for the split seats for the back, much more useful configuration.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds