BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Turning over for a while. (Startup)

• tomlinson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2016 15:13 #167152 by tomlinson
Turning over for a while. (Startup) was created by tomlinson
Hola,
I've had a few instances where I've come to start the jimny up (virtually new 2015 6k) and it's taken quite a few seconds to fire up.
Is this a 'jimnyism' or should I be looking into it?
It tends to happen without any real reason, ie:not a cold day and hasn't been left for long. I'll get the garage to check when it goes for its service, but I know you guys often know better than them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2016 16:35 #167159 by facade
Mine always fires up instantly even after a couple of weeks and then revs furiously with the oil light on :ohmy: I'd prefer if it took 10 seconds to get going as the oil pressure would build up first. ;)

The only time it ever gives trouble is if it has only run for a few seconds last time e.g. moving it back up the drive.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2016 17:52 #167174 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Turning over for a while. (Startup)
Mine fires in the button after a new battery not so long ago so your nearly new jimny should start on the utter I would of thought

More
22 May 2016 18:49 #167271 by jimkyx
Mine is a 62 plate with 8000 on the clock and it needs to be turned over longer than I expected before it fires up.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds