BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fear of front locker

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2016 15:51 - 29 Apr 2016 15:52 #165995 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Fear of front locker
I have a front ARB and standard half shafts
I have broken a couple of half shafts but not when using the locker
when you are using the front locker only use it in a straight line
we activate it before we come to a standstill and then turn it off immediately past the obstacle
it allow you to get over things like this without getting stuck

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Apr 2016 15:52 by darthloachie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sandro
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2016 19:46 #166006 by Sandro
Replied by Sandro on topic Fear of front locker
Hey Tom ... my point is that i just want to collect some informazioni about how people had found the limit of stock axle ... so that i can learn how to possibly avoid breakages, and avoid meantime to give up from an obstacle which the car can handle ... the post of Darthloachie is for me very useful: he snapped shafts but not with the front locker engaged ... this means that not always the front locked is more dangerous than unlocked ...

Of course HD shafts can get more abuse than stock ... Toyota axles can get more abuse than HD shafts ... patrol axles more than Toyota and so ... the fact is that i don't want to upgrade the car to the next level, but just to have useful tips on how get the best out of current set-up

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds