BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

body lift

• talby2491
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2016 10:22 #163249 by talby2491
body lift was created by talby2491
Hi if I was too fit a 2" body lift kit would I have to remove the bumpers and reseat them when lifted or would they just lift with body read that they would have to be removed thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2016 10:31 #163250 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:body lift
You'd have to remove them the front has screws into the chassis can't remember about the back (I no longer have one) but they're both simple to take off.

• Back in Black
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Mar 2016 11:37 - 03 Mar 2016 11:38 #163281 by Back in Black
Replied by Back in Black on topic body lift
Hey

you have to remove the front bumper and headlights to get to the front body mounts, also at the rear, you will need to remove the bumper (also need to take the rear lights off to get to the bumper screws) - both ends are fairly straight forward - there are sneaky bolts inside the wheel arches that need to be removed as they hold the bumpers in place.

Once you've lifted the body, you simply replace the bumpers as they were - they both mount to the body not the chassis EXCEPT you will have an issue with the bottom half of the front bumper, as this does mount to the chassis - you can split the bumper in two, so you land up the top half mounted to the body, then a bit of a gap then the bottom of the bumper mounted to the chassis.

I have attached two pictures - one of the front removed to get access to the front body mounts and a rather poor picture of the split bumper !!
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 11:38 by Back in Black. Reason: text edit

More
03 Mar 2016 12:12 #163283 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic body lift
Or you can simply use good quality cable ties to secure the lower portion of the bumper ;)

• talby2491
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Mar 2016 18:18 #163303 by talby2491
Replied by talby2491 on topic body lift
Thank you much appreciated advise was a little confused till now do you have to adjust the reach of gears(height) and the steering rack

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds