BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear Lights

• BrynHIMself
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2015 15:52 #134196 by BrynHIMself
Rear Lights was created by BrynHIMself
Can anyone tell me what lights should do what on the rear. I noticed that they don't seem to be doing anything. I have lights on the bumper they are working fine but nothing on the lights that a high up either side of the rear door?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrynHIMself
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2015 16:39 #134202 by BrynHIMself
Replied by BrynHIMself on topic Rear Lights
is that it? no normal brake lights, seems almost pointless haha. Thanks dude i will check them when i get home

• Caulkheader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2015 17:06 #134213 by Caulkheader
Replied by Caulkheader on topic Rear Lights
I think you will find its to do with type approval and construction and use regulations - IE the height of the lights from the road.

If you look at most foreign 4x4's you will see that when sold in the UK they have the obligatory lights in a bumper closer to the road and that the the original light clusters are more or less redundant. The 'uk spec' bumpers are not often fitted when the vehicle is sold in its native country.

More
06 Jan 2015 21:22 #134337 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Rear Lights

Caulkheader wrote:
If you look at most foreign 4x4's you will see that when sold in the UK they have the obligatory lights in a bumper closer to the road and that the the original light clusters are more or less redundant.

Maybe I am not understanding this but lots of motors have lights up high, in fact they seem to be all over the shop. With my Paj there was an issue with the spare wheel obscuring indicators from a side view but to me it is all over the place. :unsure:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
06 Jan 2015 21:34 #134341 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Rear Lights
i thought it was to do with spare wheel obstructing hazard/off side
indicator when rear door is open :huh:

• gary410
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jan 2015 13:55 #134407 by gary410
Replied by gary410 on topic Rear Lights
I had a little giggle to myself when reading this thread lasr night. My wife and I picked up her new (new to us) Jimny yesterday. She drove the 35 miles home with me following her in my car. I could see the bumper lights working indicators, brake light and back lights but nothing on the side lights. When I arrived at home a bit concerned that something wasn't quite right I checked all the lights and the only lights on the side lights were the fog on both sidesand reversing light on one side.
Well I still didn't know if this was right but now because of this thread I do now :blush:

More
07 Jan 2015 14:39 #134411 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Rear Lights

jackonlyjack wrote: i thought it was to do with spare wheel obstructing hazard/off side

This is my understanding as well.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
07 Jan 2015 15:33 #134423 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Rear Lights

jackonlyjack wrote: i thought it was to do with spare wheel obstructing hazard/off side

Yes, that's the sort of thing. I do not think height has much to do with it. ;)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds