BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2018 23:27 #190425 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Well, managed to get the last base bolt in using a large g clamp. Got the seat in the car, once again only 3 of 4 bolts line up, so fitted it & am just leaving it like that. The rail is stiff but does move, if I bend it enough to get the last hole in I don't think it will slide at all. Going to take a dremel to the mounting holes tomorrow and oval them out enough for a clean fit. Then going to start taking my drivers side a part, only did the passenger back bar today as a test fit.

I leave you with this though:

A nice little comparison shot between the VVT half leathers and the Recaros, Recaros definetly more beefy, and a lot more comfortable. I'm thinking about putting the VVT half leathers up for sale on here for anyone looking to update the rather cookie old 90s interiors. Only as the back and base though (as obviously I've used the rails & back bar).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2018 12:41 #194329 by GRAYWOLF
Replied by GRAYWOLF on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
with regards to this most excellent thread..i have just bought a superb pair of recaros, which have come with original sport subframes, mounting s look identical, does this thread still apply..??
Help..Tony

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
16 Jul 2018 15:49 #194338 by Riccy
The ignis base is wider, so you will still need to follow this guide and swap bits around to get them in. Its not as hard as it sounds.

Also worth swapping the driver and passenger seat bases around as usually the drivers has had more wear & tear, swapping them evens it out a bit.

One of the best mods you can do to a Jimny this is :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2018 16:25 #194340 by MadsV
+1 on the best mods! There are some pics in my project thread that shows what you need to modify

• ChrisW
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2018 12:04 #194417 by ChrisW
With the stock seats they recline back to level with the rear seat, do the Recaros do the same?

If not could anyone with no rear seats snap a pic of them fully reclined for me please?

Building a rear box at the moment that needs to be just above the reclined seats and plan on installing Recaros when I get some

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jul 2018 19:05 #194639 by Lambert
Having just read this thread wouldn't it be simpler to use some suitable flat bar to move the Jimny runners in board of the recaro seat base holes half an inch each side or am I missing something?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2018 20:41 #194643 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Re:How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Yeah Lambert, the Jimny base doesn't bolt in flat, the side next to the centre console sits about 30mm higher than the side towards the door. I don't believe this is the case with the Ignis which bolts in flat.

Don't get me wrong it could probably be done by butchering the Ignis frame slightly, and/or using spacers on your runner bars, but it'd be janky. Also there is not a massive amount of clearance in a Jimny seat base for it to be any wider.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Jul 2018 04:09 #194652 by Lambert
Its Just confusing me that the modification is to make part of the frame wider and then bolt it back into it's existing narrower mounting holes, seems to be a bit of a compromise for want of a better solution?

• GRAYWOLF
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2018 11:01 #194655 by GRAYWOLF
Replied by GRAYWOLF on topic Re:How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Hi Lambert, i see where you are coming from, ive been looking at doing similar to how you think, will be fitting mine next week, and let you know how i get on..pics too hopefully.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2018 09:44 #194736 by GRAYWOLF
Hi Lambert, ive measured the two seat bases, and gap between runners, they are identical at approx 18inch..but bolt holes on Ignis seats are in different places, ie, front on outside, jimny inside, however..as you say, by cutting the rear bar, and extending it, you then actually buckle/bend the base runners inwards, thus people find it is stressed, , thus being tight to move, i am at this moment stripping rail sliders down on ignis, as the height etc, and fitment of seat points is virtually identical, not sure how they come apart, but, if i am right, i can the fit jimny lower rails onto ignis rail upper..and, possibly a couple of spacers they should fit fairly easily, and, more importantly not be tight, as they wont be buckled, also a bonus would be the front adjuster on recaros can be used...we shall see.
Tony.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2018 09:47 #194737 by GRAYWOLF
As an addition, by the way, the jimny base has its mounts higher on the inside, nr trans tunnel, and, more importantly, so does the ignis sport, thus mounts are also canted in correct location, they (ignis) dont bolt in flat, they have approx, same hieght on mounts as jimny..
will keep you informed, pics too when i suss it.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
31 Jul 2018 14:27 #194740 by Lambert
Thank you. If the guy who is supposed to be supplying mine ever gets back to me I will try this also.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds