BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny

• blitz9994
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2014 23:24 #127993 by blitz9994
Hope this helps here is a quick write up of the steps i took to fit the Ignis sport recaro into my jimny

Start of by sourcing a set of ignis sport seats I picked up a mint set of fronts for £80

Unbolt the jimny seats 2 14mm bolts at the front then slide seats forward to get at the rear 2 14mm bolts they may be covered with a plastic trim that you pries up, now with both sets of seats side by side the fun starts.

Start by unscrewing the plastic side trims using a posy drive screwdriver the lever plastic slides forward of a clip and it hides a screw

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Next unbolt the 4 12mm seat base bolts
File Attachment:

Next unbolt the 4 14mm back piece bolts
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

now unclip the fabric from the back of the upright section
File Attachment:

This reveals the bar that needs lengthening
File Attachment:

You are now left the bare subframe repeat this on the ignis seats

Now you will need to lengthen the jimny bar that operates the upright seat adjuster cut the bar in half and i used a section of threaded bar to slide inside the tube you need to lengthen the bar 1"
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Now the bar has been extended fit the back upright back onto the jimny subframe the bar locates on a center piece and a notch in the mechanism
Then refit the seat base with the 4 12mm bolts and refit the plastic side trims
Have a stand back with a fag and a cuppa admire your work as your almost there
File Attachment:

Now refit them into the jimny with the 4 14mm bolts tighten up and take a seat lovely and comfy
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2014 00:13 - 31 Oct 2014 00:15 #128001 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
I'll need to find an Ingnis to get the seats from and a Jimny to put them in now, but when I doo at least I know how to fit the seats lol. Good wee write up, I've always admired those seats, old school cool withe the mesh head rests :)
Last edit: 31 Oct 2014 00:15 by NineCherries.

• blitz9994
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2014 00:29 #128002 by blitz9994
Replied by blitz9994 on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
They are awesome and comfy and my main concern over bucket seats is the need to still be able to put the kids in the back :)

More
31 Oct 2014 04:46 #128003 by minibbb
Hero!! What an awesome write up cheers mate! Mine arrive today so can get cracking!

More
31 Oct 2014 09:05 #128015 by minibbb
The only thing i don't understand is that having to lengthen the bar by one inch surely would suggest the base of the subframe is now an inch wider? Does it still bolt in the original holes in the floor ok?

More
31 Oct 2014 09:27 - 31 Oct 2014 09:29 #128018 by supergaz
The seats I think are about an inch wider. I didn't have the originals to compare as I had scooby seats before. Nothing fits the Jimny better or easier than the ignis recaro's :)
It still all bolts up fine into the original holes.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2014 09:29 by supergaz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minibbb

More
31 Oct 2014 17:30 #128029 by minibbb
Cheers Gaz
Mine have arrived, look tremend! Just gotta find someone with a welder lol! Do you need to use the grey jimny side trims or the ignis ones which match the seat colour better?

More
31 Oct 2014 21:05 #128043 by supergaz
Use the Jimny trims as they fit the Jimny subframes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minibbb

More
05 Nov 2014 12:17 #128561 by minibbb
Well I'm nearly there- just dropped the bars to the garage to be welded so can get them re-fitted hopefully this afternoon or tomo morning at the latest. Hasn't been too bad a job- just time consuming stripping both sets down!
The guide has been really helpful so thankyou to blitz9994 and supergaz for your help :)

More
06 Nov 2014 11:55 #128681 by minibbb
Well..... They're in!

Couple of issues. Passenger one took some serious force to line up the subframe with the holes in the floor. Seat does slide forwards and backwards but it v stiff. Any ideas?

Secondly on fitting the driver's seat the rear bolt point in the floor- the nut has come loose and is spinning around. Means I can't tighten the seat. Any suggestions what to do with it?

• blitz9994
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2014 13:31 #128696 by blitz9994
Replied by blitz9994 on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Mine are tight to slide aswel and without refrilling the mount holes I'm just going to put up with it as I'm the only one who drives it I'll never need to move it lol as for the captive nut try using a air gun some times its enough to tighten it without having to replace the captive

More
06 Nov 2014 14:20 #128699 by minibbb
Cheers buddy will give that a go!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds