BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:"Jimny Lean"

• tommy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2013 20:11 #67088 by tommy
"Jimny Lean" was created by tommy
Hi there,just bought my first Jimny at the weekend there and have noticed that it leans to one side.
It has has been fitted with 2" ES3000 shocks and springs.
My question is with regards to the spacers you buy,do you buy for front and back as it seems to lean from both?

Thanks Tommy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2013 20:44 #67093 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic "Jimny Lean"
Just the front spring spacer

• tommy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2013 20:52 #67095 by tommy
Replied by tommy on topic "Jimny Lean"
Cheers guys,its just it looks like its leaning at the back to?

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2013 21:12 #67100 by markyp2000
The front will pick it up at the rear trust us we know lol

• trevorjd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2013 07:19 #67124 by trevorjd
Replied by trevorjd on topic "Jimny Lean"
Bits for vits do a single spacer for the front drivers spring for about £20
Sorts it out a treat because I've just done mine
Very fast postage from them aswell

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2013 20:24 - 16 Apr 2013 20:39 #68839 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic "Jimny Lean"
I have this issue to, if your looking from the back it noticabley leans to the left! Ive looked on bits for vits at the spacer your talking about and noticed you can get a set of 4 which boasts a 1.25inch lift. would fitting all 4 still leave me with the good ol jimny lean?! mines not lifted either.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2013 20:39 by jonesyba420.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2013 23:09 #68849 by markyp2000
It would still lean i think

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2013 10:50 #68870 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic "Jimny Lean"
that was my thinking to, what would i then have to do to sort the lean if i fitted all 4 spacers? another question regarding the spacers, when you fit a lift kit its longer springs and shocks but in the case of these 1.25inch spacers your effectively making the spring longer but not the shock, does this cause any issues regarding the shocks as they are still stock?
they also do the rear shock extension/re-locators which look and sound interesting but do these make any difference on a stock jimny?

More
22 Jan 2019 21:45 #201454 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic "Jimny Lean"
OK lads this is the Jimny Lean question again but in the right thread . Question is how many spacers and how much additional lift on the drivers side to balance it out?
Looking at these but open to recommendations www.jimnybits.com/jimny-superpro-15mm-spring-spacer.html

This is how much sag is in the system.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2019 22:52 #201466 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic "Jimny Lean"
I'd go with a 15mm spacer. I think I put a 25mm one on mine and it reversed the lean to the other side!

It evens out when I get in I think!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
22 Jan 2019 23:03 #201468 by Dirtbird
Kirkynut thanks 15 it is .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
02 Feb 2019 18:34 #202385 by Dirtbird
kirkynut the 15 spacer still didn't sort the problem so I said id have a look this morning . 6 pm downed tools. In effect the PO had the long springs on the front and the longest of them on the passenger side and the short springs on the back. Please tell me that is wrong . I took them all off and installed my jimny bits springs longest on the rear and the longest one of those on the driver side. Shorts up front is that correct? Please tell me it is .

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds