BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Thermostat hiding place

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 16:57 #48981 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Thermostat hiding place
if you have a smell of anti freeze your heater matrix may have a hole in it let it go cold cheak you water level in the rad if it low put the heater on hot but dont put the blower on and top it up and run it with the cap off and keep an eye on the water level and top if it drops and keep checking the temp gauge when it nears half way put the cap back on and see how it goes

also it could be the viscous fan coupling not locking in when its hot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• apayne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2018 21:10 #192488 by apayne
Replied by apayne on topic Thermostat hiding place

andybawdc wrote: you do not need to take anything off!!!!
just follow the top rad hose and at the end is the stat housing, un do the two studs and there she be!!
do not need a gaskit as it is an O-ring seal. i bought the corect stat from my local motorfactors. :)

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Looking at the manual it says that the thermostat is after the radiator outlet hose which is at the bottom of the rad and not the top hose?

Looking to take thermostat out to check it still works alright and trying to find the location. Manual says to take intake manifold off to get to it but if I can find an easier way it would be helpful. Cheers

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2018 21:46 #192490 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Thermostat hiding place

apayne wrote:

andybawdc wrote: you do not need to take anything off!!!!
just follow the top rad hose and at the end is the stat housing, un do the two studs and there she be!!
do not need a gaskit as it is an O-ring seal. i bought the corect stat from my local motorfactors. :)

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Looking at the manual it says that the thermostat is after the radiator outlet hose which is at the bottom of the rad and not the top hose?

Looking to take thermostat out to check it still works alright and trying to find the location. Manual says to take intake manifold off to get to it but if I can find an easier way it would be helpful. Cheers

It sits in a housing above the alternator, on the backside og where the waterpump sits..

I think i would consider removing the intake manifold to change thermostat, but maybe its possible without removing it. I havent tried, i did it while swapping motor.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds