BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 Jimny Transponder key coding

• prolecs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2018 23:34 #193939 by prolecs
Replied by prolecs on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
Thanks Electricblue, you have saved me a lot of searching.
My 2010 aussie Jimny does not appear to have a chip (or I can't find it) but the remote is ALPS 37182-A7;
My 2004 Liana - I only have a non-remote key, again no chip unless it is embedded in the head of the key. Seems not able to be opened without destroying the key case.
Anyone know the part number for the remote for the Liana?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amd3dnow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2021 07:16 #238951 by amd3dnow
Replied by amd3dnow on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
My jimny is 2007
i cant find chip in my key too.
but this key can start the engine .
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2021 14:15 - 26 Sep 2021 14:16 #238958 by facade
My 2008 Nissan has the immobiliser transponder on the circuit board for the remote, maybe the Jimny of the same era is the same.

Removing the pcb, the car wont start (and it sets an immobiliser error code and gives you a strike- 5 strikes and it locks down)

Replacing the pcb with no battery and it starts.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 26 Sep 2021 14:16 by facade.

• amd3dnow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2021 16:24 #238960 by amd3dnow
Replied by amd3dnow on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
but mine 2007 jimny remote unit is lost, and the key without battery.
and it also can start engine

More
26 Sep 2021 20:02 #238964 by yakuza
Transponder will open doors if the car is equipped with a reciever.

Immobilizer chip is a stand alone chip molded inside the key that the ring antenna pick up signals from in the steering column. Antenna is connected to a signal amplifier connected to the ecu.

The two systems has no interconnection.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• prolecs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2021 23:46 #238968 by prolecs
Replied by prolecs on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
Hi Folks, the attached pics show my 2010 Jimny key pulled apart - including the chip location and details on it. It's the bit with pink dot under the back cover of the key body. It had me fooled too!!!!
As stated by Yakuza, the chip communicates with the round antenna in the behind the key barrel (by RFID like a credit card) and provides the code to release the block on the ECU and allow the car to start. 
Separate to that is the central/remote locking system, and it is handled by the ALPS unit.
I have bought a spare key with supposedly an ALPS unit, plus an ID chip. So, when time permits, I will get the blade cut (the blade number is on the drivers side door key barrel (a pain to get to but not impossible).
Then comes the interesting part, which from all the discussions, I think this is the pathway I need to follow -
will try programming the remote locking ALPS unit via the procedure outlined by others  in this forum. If that works great, if not I have a OBDSTAR programmer to try. 
The the ID chip - hopefully with the OBDSTAR unit but if not, I'm off to the locksmith, or Suzuki if all else fails!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds