BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Remote central locking

• happypig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2012 23:11 #37717 by happypig
Replied by happypig on topic Remote central locking
Sometimes it's better to stop and go back to the start.
When i did it, I threw away the instructions and worked direct off the wiring diagram.
I would do this :
Remove the central locking module from its mounting and have it in front of you, but with the wiring connected, there should be enough slack to do this.
Get an earth on a flying lead, a croc clip onto a bit of metal works best, otherwise strip a long bit of insulation off and tape it.
On the CL module there are, iirc, 6wires, battery, earth, 2x lock, 2x unlock.
Don't tap your flying earth lead onto the battery unless you like sparks.
Tap the flying earth onto each of the other wires in turn until you have figured out which one locks and which one unlocks. Write this down on a bit of paper.
Next get the remote unit and power it up.
You now need to find which pair of wires short out when each button is pressed. A meter is really handy for this but you can do it with a battery and bulb. When you press the button on the remote, it will cause two of the wires to short out briefly. This is trial and error.
Once you know which wires are shorted by which button, take one of each pair and connect to earth. Take the other wire of each pair and connect to the respective wire on the CL unit.
That should do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• happypig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2012 06:52 #37720 by happypig
Follow up to above, the 6wires on the CL unit are lock, unlock, battery, earth and two feeds to the motors, th polarity of which determines whether it lcks or unlocks.
This should help
Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2012 07:19 #37721 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: Remote central locking
Thanks for that Happypig. My only trouble is that the early jimny's don't have 6 wires they have 5. So I am missing the lock wire (blue with red stripe). I have got it to unlock but not lock.

Cheers

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• happypig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2012 13:18 #37734 by happypig
Ah sounds like you have this one which doesn't appear to have a lock,only unlock :

Attachments:

• happypig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2012 15:09 #37742 by happypig
Thinking about it, you should be able to wire a 6wire controller in with one of the remote central locking units if you can get one off a breaker

More
16 Apr 2012 15:46 #37746 by j999pre
Thanks for that, I think you've hit the nail on the head. I'll have to see wht I can get hold of.
There are 3 spare ports on the suzuki jimny controller so they may be all the same I might just need the door wiring and door central locking motor. hmmm

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• happypig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2012 16:43 #37761 by happypig
Don't think you'll need the wiring or motors, there are only two wires to the lock solenoids so it has to lock/unlock dependant on the polarity of the red/green wires. I suppose you could rig it using a couple of relays but a s/h controller is probably cheaper.

More
16 Apr 2012 19:45 #37785 by j999pre

happypig wrote: Don't think you'll need the wiring or motors, there are only two wires to the lock solenoids so it has to lock/unlock dependant on the polarity of the red/green wires. I suppose you could rig it using a couple of relays but a s/h controller is probably cheaper.

On a recent door swap the central locking motor on the newer door had an extra wire I'm sure. Also the plud was different going to it and the connection through the A post.

I'll get there one day!!

Grey pick up Jimny

• brettpr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2013 17:58 #60268 by brettpr
Replied by brettpr on topic Re: Remote central locking
hi mate iam a long time suzuki owner but just got me second jimny and wanted to fit remote locking i have tried to follow your instruction but am getting a bit stuck is the any chance you could post a bit more detail about what you did .. i have the 5 wire like yours i can get it to unlock but not lock.

thanks for your time

More
30 Jan 2013 18:31 #60285 by j999pre
I never got any further. If you get it sorted I'd be interested to know how.

Grey pick up Jimny

• brettpr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2013 22:37 #60331 by brettpr
Replied by brettpr on topic Re: Remote central locking
Oh that's not good to hear but the chap on page 2 (bigoffroader) briefly explained a way to do it and I was wondering if he could elaborate as I also am getting to the end of my teather with it but hate giving up .....also i am after some parts for mine if you know of any?

More
31 Jan 2013 08:03 #60356 by j999pre
Pm sent

Grey pick up Jimny

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds