BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

1.8 liter in Jimny

• ypvs jimny 350
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2011 19:21 #20765 by ypvs jimny 350
Replied by ypvs jimny 350 on topic Re: 1.8 liter in Jimny
im loveing this topic lads ur geting me thinking about doing this now. im also seeing ££££££££££££ going out the wallet aswell :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ingolfurkolb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2011 14:56 #25832 by ingolfurkolb
Replied by ingolfurkolb on topic Re: 1.8 liter in Jimny
Does no one have experience of putting J20 into jimny with an M13 engine. Rhinoman, said it is a lot more work than fit another M engine, because it needs a custom machined flywheel among other issues. I wonder what those issues are? And I believe its a big deal the use the transmission with the J20 engine because of lack of space and it has the transfer box built in.
Or is the J20 just nonsense, should I just go for the M16 engine as we don't have the M18 here?

• shamron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2012 20:02 #38902 by shamron
Replied by shamron on topic Re: 1.8 liter in Jimny
hi bro
i am interested to do same in my liana like converting it from M13 to M18 will my ECU work with M18 engine as here we dont have 1.8 ECU

please guide

shamron

• TomPage0913
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2018 04:43 #197648 by TomPage0913
Replied by TomPage0913 on topic Re: 1.8 liter in Jimny
Shamron,

Your Jimny's ECU will not be able to run a M18 if your Jimny is a non VVT. This is because Suzuki only manufactures M18 engines with VVT, and non VVT ECUs will not be able to run a VVT.

That is, if you are talking about Jimny's, not Liana's...

More here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=7&id=59073

Tom

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds