BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

gear oil leaking again. grrrr!

More
28 May 2013 18:59 #71998 by Basketcase
Replied by Basketcase on topic Done!
i asked the service team and the parts team at work(suzuki dealer) and noone had any idea what this was about and had not heard of anything like it before. i have a 2007 reg jimny and had to replace the gearbox just over a year ago as it spat all its oil out everywhere and then the new box was leaking its oil also so i changed the oil seal but since then i dont drive the car as much as i used to so havent really noticed if the problem is still there or not. i feel there is an issue as the box is starting to feel a bit different going into the gears (could be a getting knackered clutch problem though). ive been on the suzuki website and have sent a message directly to suzuki about it with the reference from above to see what they say about the issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2013 22:06 #77600 by Jackson
Replied by Jackson on topic Done!
Thanks for the info folks. May have the same problem with my 2008 Jimny. Let me know the outcome from Suzuki.

More
19 Jul 2013 23:32 - 19 Jul 2013 23:38 #77606 by Basketcase
Replied by Basketcase on topic Done!
its NOT covered under warranty as the car is too old...even the hippies in the suzuki warranty dept wont aree to it :( they agree to anything! its either a new prop or just fix yourself... i still need to get round to doing something with mine but i dont know what yet had to put a litre in the gearbox the other weekend as it had all drained again, the technical bulletin however was only published november 2010 so therefore my car(even though its in the bracket of the fault) was already too old for them to do it free under warranty, if its their cock up id say hey should have the decency to fix the damn thing my self lol
Last edit: 19 Jul 2013 23:38 by Basketcase. Reason: thought id add the part about the bulletin date

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds