BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

wheel spacers

More
14 Jan 2011 12:24 #9566 by a2jcy
wheel spacers was created by a2jcy
Greetings
Need a bit of info Iam thinking of wheelspacers all round is it worth it price for 4 is around £56 will it make any difference to the steering or bottom line just make your rubber bits stick out more good or bad just wondering thanks JY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gazert
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2011 13:31 #9574 by gazert
Replied by gazert on topic Re: wheel spacers
I got them fitted to mine!!!!
Brill no wobble!

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2011 13:37 #9575 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: wheel spacers
a2jcy

Dont you already have modulars? Most people fit either modulars as they have lower offset and are a bit wider OR spacers, there is no reason why you cant fit them though.

Maybe the lower offset rims AND spacers may put extra strain on things like bearings etc.

More
14 Jan 2011 18:09 #9616 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: wheel spacers
Only buy the billet spacers with the studs in them, rather than the extension studs and rings that slip over them. The latter I think are dangerous.

I know there are others that will disagree with me on that but the principle of the extension ones puts extra strain on the wheel studs and snapped wheel studs = a wheel coming off and overtaking you on the road! Inconvenient to say the least.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2011 18:18 #9620 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: wheel spacers
i have used the hollow spacers a few times & never had a problem with them & i have heard & seen more problems with the solid alloy ones than any other

just my opinion on them

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds