BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Im a Murderer !!!

More
30 Jun 2009 09:36 - 30 Jun 2009 09:37 #908 by ooky_123
Im a Murderer !!! was created by ooky_123
Well I have to confess my sins ...

Please forgive me BigJimny for I have sinned..

I have destroyed 2 Jimnys in 4 weeks ( none my own )

The first was on Location in Egypt. My Job takes me off the beaten track, and, after an argument about tyres, I was given a Vehicle to use .. a Gold 1.3 fot top. a quick look around revieled it had been abused slightly but it was insured and off we went. Over 5 days, we racked up almost 300km, during which time I managed bend a pannard rod driving over a rock in an attempt to get to a Microwave repeater station. With a slieve welded over the bend, we continued our journey. on day 3 I noticed a small black patch under the vehicle but, thought "bugger it" its not mine, and its paid for by the company. More rough terrain and a day almost in 4 Low took its toll and the black patch was getting worse.
On the final day, we went off into some sand to have a play and, whilst the little jimny was a superb plaything, I fear some sand may have found its way into the gearbox.
80km away from the drop off it was starting to howl and screech. we p-arked the car up, made our way to our hotel, and the next day departed the country for our next destination.

last week, I found myself in Romania. Guess what car I opted to hire ??? yes, a Jimny :) soft top.
3 days of driving around Bucharest, the jimny was superb. on the 4th day, we had a 400km drive up into the mountains (Transylvania) to visit Bran Castle (residence of Vlad 3rd (Dracule) upon returning we went offroad, and, I swear I didnt see the tree stump, managed to tear the sump, the pannard rods, the diff mountings plus various bits of bodywork off the vehicle. We were recovered by a colleague who kindly is in the proccess of smoothing things over (with the help of some money passed under the table) as I finished my work and flew home.

So .... 2 Dead Jimnys, 3 weeks :) I feel so ashamed !

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 30 Jun 2009 09:37 by ooky_123. Reason: occasionally I have mentioned We instead of I .. thsi is because I travel with a colleague

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2009 11:16 #984 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Im a Murderer !!!
Just found this post ... if only we could just pick up another every time we broke our own Jimny's, wouldn't that make life so much easier?

Sounds like you had fun breaking then though! Has the guilt started to fade now???

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
09 Jul 2009 11:43 #986 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Im a Murderer !!!
Feel guilty fo rthe moters because I know how good they are ... Thats what Hire cars are for anyway ... I always try and kill one or two a year when on holidays ..

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds