BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

LPG Jimny

• matty h
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 20:06 #8804 by matty h
LPG Jimny was created by matty h
Has anyone converted to LPG or looked into it.Worked out costs etc
Matty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 22:52 #8822 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: LPG Jimny
ive seen at least 2 lpg jimnys for sale on ebay over the last few months so its been done but no idea what it would cost to convert

i would be tempted if it did not cost the earth i could do with a bit better mpg or mp £20 as i do it :lol:

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 23:30 #8825 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: LPG Jimny
A18SUF has been looking in to this, I can't quite remember the outcome so I will wait for her to respond before giving incorrect info.

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2011 06:48 #8828 by a18suf
Replied by a18suf on topic Re: LPG Jimny
im currently saving up for this. to buy a kit the cheapest i foung was £750ish that was just for the kit. there is somewhere in leeds which fits them i think it was £1100 fitted. my dad has fitted a couple already to his jeeps and is currently fitting one to his range rover so mine should be easy for him to fit lol. one problem is where to put the tank i was thinking to take one of my back seats out so i dont loose all my boot space, every bit is vital in the jimny lol. lpg prices are going up tho it is reaching 80pish if it goes up any more it wont be worth doing. :(

More
04 Jan 2011 07:55 #8836 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: LPG Jimny
I've had the same thought but personally the sums don't add up. I don't do anywhere near enough miles to earn back the cost of installation.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2011 08:54 #8839 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: LPG Jimny

mcjimny wrote: I've had the same thought but personally the sums don't add up. I don't do anywhere near enough miles to earn back the cost of installation.

dunno if theres such a thing for the jimny, but might be worth looking into a remap instead?

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2011 13:04 #8852 by a18suf
Replied by a18suf on topic Re: LPG Jimny
whats remap?

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2011 13:10 #8853 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: LPG Jimny
they change the fueling and air intake in the ECU of the car to either run better horse power or more efficient but it doesn't always have great results tbh

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2011 13:56 #8854 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: LPG Jimny
It does have Excellent results remapping, however mainly on turbo diesel and petrol engine. Non charged engines usually see a very small increase so hardly worthwhile.

• v8dougie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2011 13:56 #11383 by v8dougie
Replied by v8dougie on topic Re: LPG Jimny
Hi guys, I have heard very good reports from this company, they appear to be cheap without compromising on quality. Their prices have just gone up reflecting VAT unfortunately, but sure everyone else's would have as well. They might be located in Wales, but can do it in one day, and have local agents throughout the country who can service it each year, so is only really an issue for installation.

www.professautogas.co.uk/index.html

They converted my Mercedes S500 and it ran like a dream. They will soon be converting my 3.5 v8 twin carb Land Rover Series, and hopefully a Suzuki Jimny when I find the right one.

A word of warning...was looking at DIY kits as they are very easy to install, HOWEVER to be covered by insurance you MUST have a LPG certificate from a registered installation company. You can get your system check by one of these for about £50ish but it will state it has been installed by you, not them. Some insurers do not accept this, so check before you leap!

Hope this helps, and love the forum, some really good advice and lots of friendly helpful people, look forward to getting to know you all more! Also, gutted cannot make the meet in Tong, about 5 miles from my house, but do not have a Jimny yet!!

Cheers Phil

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2011 15:25 #11389 by panosd
Replied by panosd on topic Re: LPG Jimny
I have an LPG system installed in my Jimny about 9 months now.

It cost me 1000euro in Greece including the papers for making it legal.

The system is Aldesa combined with a 60lt lpg tank in the rear.

Until now is working perfect, i have saved a lot of money, gas price now 1.60euro, lpg price 0.78euro.

The system is fully automatic.Nothing to do. Just start engine,uses gas at first and when the engine

temperature comes up o 40 C is tuns to lpg. No lack of power. No annoying noises,smells etc.

It worth its money. Mine with 45euro( about 56 lt) takes me a distance of about 500,0klm with

an average speed of 100-110klm/h.

• matty h
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 21:06 #13293 by matty h
Replied by matty h on topic Re: LPG Jimny
Quick calculations show you would need to do 10000-12000 miles before the conversion is paid for.:ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds