BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers

More
09 Jan 2011 18:18 #9199 by supergaz
ouch!! just seen the price of M12 metric fine 1.25mm bolts, shame i dont use them at work, i've got everything else in my van!:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2011 17:19 #19770 by mcjimny
I've just fitted my shock repositioners(bigjimny via bits4vits/jimnys-dave had an offer and i ordered some other stuff) and i've a sneeking suspicion i've buggered the thread on one of them. It took some serious welly to get it tight enough and i don't want to remove it just yet until i can sort out a solution.

I remembered this discussion about putting a long bolt and nyloc nut through the mount in the chassis. How hard would this be for me to do and can you supply them martin? I figure this would be as easy as tapping and dying.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
31 Jul 2011 17:51 #19774 by supergaz
I just drilled through mine easily with a corded drill and new hss drill bit as the original bolt had sheared inside, then popped into a engineering supplies place and got 3 (1 spare) bolts long enough to go all the way through, now if it was to shear, all id have to do is bash it out and replace.
A nice mod to save a headache drilling out a sheared bolt in the future. Believe me it was a headache as I knocked myself out doing it. I slid out from underneath and sat up bashing my head on the opened door.

I think the bolt was M12 / 150mmm Easy enough to measure the length of the chassis mount and bracket plus a bit for the nut and washers. Id go measure mine now if my jimny wasn't only 1.5 miles away and a 28 mile drive around the wet stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcjimny

More
31 Jul 2011 18:05 #19775 by mcjimny
Spot on info! Just what i wanted to hear, i was angry at myself for being hamfisted with it and had a eureka moment and remembered mention of drilling through on here. I thought i'd created more work for myself than i needed. I've got an engineering supplier on my doorstep i can get the bolts from too now i know what i need.

I like the practicality of being able to replace it "in the field" too, if ever you damage one as you say just knock it through and replace. Will copy your suggestion and carry a spare in the socket set.

I fitted the bits4vits front shock extenders too and as it does away with the stock rubber bushes they conveniently cut down nicely to space out the rear bigjimny mounts.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds